in Littleton, CO
Frequently Asked Questions
For 25 years, Dr. Loper has been providing quality and reasonably priced dental care in Littleton, CO. Her number one goal is to provide customized dental treatment to keep your teeth and gums healthy. Each patient is treated with a unique approach to allow for the best dental experience possible. Our guidelines are created by you!!! Dr. Loper’s office has grown exponentially and this is mostly due to the kind referrals of her existing patients.
Dr. Loper has chosen staff to complement her style and as a result of this is certain to provide you with superb dental service. The entire staff looks forward to accommodating the dental needs of every person that walks through our door. Hope to meet you soon!!!
Healthy Teeth Tips
There are a lot of reasons to keep your family’s teeth healthy. Here is a list of ways to keep teeth healthy regardless if you are a child or enjoying the Golden years:
- Begin dental visits at an early age. 3 years old is ideal! Believe it or not, 25% of children show evidence of decay before entering elementary school. An option to help prevent decay is to place a sealant or coating in the deep grooves of a child’s tooth. This can reduce the risk of getting a cavity significantly.
- Use dental products that have the ADA (American Dental Association) logo on them. This includes toothpastes, mouth rinses and floss that can aid in reducing the risk of cavities and gum disease.
- Brush minimally two times per day and floss daily!
- Toothbrushes should be replaced every 90 days
- A super option for a toothbrush is an electric toothbrush. Electric toothbrushes offer a wider handle to grip which works well for individuals with dexterity issues. There is a timer which increases the time that all ages brush as well. Studies show the improvement in oral hygiene with the use of an electric toothbrush. This means a decrease in gum disease and cavities as well. Ask any of our staff members for dental product recommendations.
- Rinse with water or an antibacterial mouth rinse following eating if there is not a toothbrush available. Chewing sugar-free gum may also aid in rinsing food debris as the chewing stimulates your saliva which will then aid in decreasing gum disease and cavities.
- Wear a sports mouthguard during sporting activities such as skateboarding, baseball, volleyball, football, basketball and hockey. Trauma to your teeth can be irreversible! Ask our team if you are interested and we can fabricate a custom sports guard for you.
- Smoking and chewing tobacco have long-term effects on your teeth and gums. There is increased risk for periodontal (gum) disease as well as on your general health including cancer of the mouth or lungs. Please counsel your children of the negatives of smoking and chewing tobacco.
- Eat a well-balanced diet. This will most definitely make you a healthier individual but also aids in the condition of your teeth and gums.
- Avoid “sugar” loaded snacks and beverages. These break down into simple sugars that produce chemicals that erode your teeth causing cavities. Juices and soda are the worst culprits in assisting with tooth decay. Hard candy as well as sticky snacks are close to your teeth longer and therefore allow for a quicker deterioration as a result of this. Rinsing your mouth thoroughly with water following these foods is a terrific idea.
- Schedule routine dental appointments. These include a dental cleaning, routine exam as well as radiographs. As a reminder, it takes dental decay one year of growth before it shows up on an x-ray.
For 25 years, Dr. Loper has been providing quality and reasonably priced dental care in the Littleton community. Her number one goal is to provide customized dental care to assist in keeping your teeth and gums healthy. The offices guidelines are created by you, our patients!
Request an Appointment Today!